VDOT and Fairfax County recently opened a few lanes on the Jones Branch Connector that provide more travel options. This handy Connector links Route 123, near the McLean Metro station, over I-495 to Tysons, just north of the Tysons Galleria.
There is no toll to cross the bridge. Only drivers entering the 495 Express Lanes need to pay a toll.
It also brings new access to the 495 Express Lanes.
Here’s why this is great news:
- You can now get to Route 123 via the Jones Branch Drive exit on the 495 Express Lanes.
- You can get on the northbound or southbound 495 Express Lanes via Route 123.
- Or, you can just head straight across the bridge from Route 123 to Jones Branch Drive and back. There is no toll or cost to cross over the bridge.
You should also know that:
- The exit name for Jones Branch Drive on Express Lanes signage has been renamed from “JONES BR” to “JB/RT123” to reflect the new travel option.
- Only two lanes are open today – one in each direction. The rest of the lanes and new sidewalks are scheduled to open next year.
Tell us what you think about the new access point on our Facebook or Twitter.