NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Express Lanes Loyalty Rewards Pilot Program Registration Giveaway (the "Promotion") begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on January 26, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 9, 2018 (the "Promotion Period"). Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to persons who, as of the start of the Promotion Period, (1) are at least eighteen (18) years old, (2) have a valid U.S. driver's license, (3) are legal residents of the United States residing in Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia, (4) have a valid Virginia-based or Maryland-based E-ZPass® in good standing. Employees, officers, and directors of Transurban (USA) Operations Inc. ("Sponsor") and those of its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, and web masters, as well as any of the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household as any of the aforementioned (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Two (2) ways to participate:
A. Participants with an active Virginia-based or Maryland-based E-ZPass® account that is in good standing, who have driven on the Express Lanes at least one (1) time in the preceding twelve months prior to the conclusion of the Promotion Period can enter to win a prize by visiting www.expresslanes.com/loyalty-pilot.
B. Mail-in Entry: You may also enter without an E-ZPass® transponder by hand printing your first and last name, complete address, and email address on a 3" X 5" index card along with the hashtag #ExpressLanesLoyaltyRewards and, during the Promotion Period, mailing it to Sponsor at: P.O. Box 23530, Alexandria, VA 22304. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by January 26, 2018 and received no later than February 9, 2018.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
By entering into the Promotion, Participant agrees that the Sponsor may use the Participant's name and photograph and/or video images of an interview with the Sponsor for promotional and marketing purposes in the event Participant is selected as the winner.
3. DRAWING/NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNER: At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will select five (5) potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible participants. The odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of qualified participants. The winner will be notified via email or by phone (at Sponsor's sole discretion). Once notified, the winner is required to keep the results of the prize drawing confidential until such time as Sponsor publicly discloses the results of the prize drawing. Potential winners will be required to present proof of their U.S. driver's license before delivery of the prize.
Except where legally prohibited, winner must, if requested, sign and return, within 48 hours of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize.
Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or inability to contact potential winner via phone or email may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner is unavailable to accept the prize within 48 hours, or if the potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries.
4. PRIZE: Five (5) winners in connection with this Promotion will receive $100.00 of free travel on the 495 and 95 Express Lanes, to be used between 12:00:00 AM ET on February 12, 2018 and 11:59:59 PM ET on February 11, 2019. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of all prizes: $500.00.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is not transferable, valid only with one E-ZPass® transponder used on up to two (2) vehicles, and no substitutions are allowed except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the participation process, the web site, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
6. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE "RELEASED PARTIES") WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, LOSS, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY OF SPONSOR'S WEB SITES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH WEB SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES WINNER'S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER'S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court in Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia.
9. WINNERS' NAME. For the name of winners, send your request in writing with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: P.O. Box 23530, Alexandria, VA 22304.
10. SPONSOR: Transurban (USA) Operations Inc., P.O. Box 23530, Alexandria, VA 22304.
Transurban (USA) Operations Inc. shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2017 Transurban (USA) Operations Inc. All rights reserved. E-ZPass® is a registered trademark of The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks or logos used herein are trademarks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. We do not intend our use or display of third-party logos, tradenames, trademarks, or service marks to imply a relationship with, or endorsement or sponsorship of us or this Promotion by, those third parties.